- Brings in more customers through organic search: 53.3% of all web traffic comes from organic search and 60% of marketers state that their highest quality leads come from SEO-engaged customers. Ranking on the first page of Google is necessary to be seen by customers and climbing your way up to the top position can almost double your click-through rate.
- Creates a trustworthy web experience for customers: claiming that number one spot in a search result is completely reliant on the authority you build. The technical elements of SEO are so important, such as page speed, backlinks and other authority building elements, can make your outcome more successful. The other benefit is that this makes customers more likely to trust you based on the functionality of your website!
- Encourages you to focus on user experience: while web experience is crucial, a core element of SEO that continues to grow in necessity is optimizing user experience. Meaning, that your business needs to focus on the needs of your customers. What do they want to know? What would they want to do next? And what other information, resources or services can you provide them? Prioritizing customer needs = ranking better.
- Improves brand awareness: simply by reaching the front page and climbing closer and closer to the top spot, the more touchpoints you will generate. Even if they’re not clicking to your site, just by being present, potential customers will begin to associate your brand with those solutions!
- It helps keep you informed: to maintain success rate and anything related to operate a business, SEO changes all the time, so it’s important to stay informed about best practices, solutions and changes. Because SEOs are connected with digital technology can help you understand online trends and proactively address any major changes.
That being said, SEO keeps the result search fair, is cost-effective, improvement on user and web experience, and can result in more clicks and traffic to your website the higher you rank. The role of SEO has continually improved and expanded over the last few years and the opportunities it brings help future-proof success for any type of business and are critical to a brand’s web presence!